Sunday, 12 February 2012

SSS hands over Kabiru Sokoto, accomplices to military

The alleged mastermind of
the Christmas Day
bombing, Kabiru Abubakar
Dikko (a.k.a Kabiru Sokoto)
, who was rearrested by a
combined team of the
State Security Service and
the military on Friday, has
been moved out of the
headquarters of the SSS
and handed over to the
military.
According to an online
news portal, Premium
Times, after Sokoto was
paraded before journalists
on Friday afternoon, he
was kept in one of the
detention cells at the SSS
headquarters.
As dusk came however, he
was reportedly put into an
unmarked security van
and driven away under
the cover of darkness.
Those arrested with him,
Premium Times wrote,
were also taken away in
similar fashion.
"Our source said the Boko
Haram kingpin is being
detained in one of the
numerous military
barracks in Abuja where
interrogators will grill him
for days to come," it said.
It was further gathered
that security had been
heightened around
locations in the capital and
elsewhere where Boko
Haram suspects are kept.
"Investigators are trying
to get as much
information as possible
from Sokoto that would
help in tracing the leader
and other kingpins of the
sect.
"Another source in the
police on Saturday night
said all Boko Haram
suspects with the force
had been handed over to
the military for
safekeeping," the news
portal added.
Sokoto, alongside some
accomplices, was arrested
in Muntum Biu village in
Taraba State on Friday.
He is considered a key
member of the Boko
Haram sect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU